Choosing a gift for someone special in your life can often be a difficult task, worse for an 80-year-old woman. These are often women who have everything they need and don’t want anything else.
This puts the gift giver in predicament. What do you give them on their birthday or holidays? We’ve been asked similar questions enough times that we’ve written related articles to try helping our readers:
Choosing gifts for people who have everything or don’t need anything can be particularly challenging. As we get older we need fewer things and buying gifts for older people, especially if the birthday is a big one, becomes almost impossible.
Fortunately, there are solutions. Here are 30 gift ideas for 80 year old women.
19 80-Year-Old Woman Gifts
Older women often have smaller homes and less space for ‘stuff.’ Thus, it is sensible to buy them things that will be used up or are useful. New experiences and time spent with loved ones are probably more appreciated than things at this time of life. The phrase ‘it’s the thought that counts’ is particularly applicable. Try to find something that will mean something to her. Knowing you care enough to know her likes and interests is part of the gift.
As we get older, spending time with loved ones becomes more and more important. For an 80- year-old woman there is nothing more precious than quality time spent with children, grandchildren, and friends.
Pop in for tea, take her out for coffee, or just stop by for a chat. Organizing a picnic in a beautiful spot with a bunch of family or friends is a lovely way to spend time together and make her feel special.
2. New Experiences
Even at the age of 80, some women may thrive on doing something new. Maybe she has always wanted to see a particular place or show. Perhaps there is some kind of food that she has read about but never tried. Organizing for this to happen is a very thoughtful and memorable gift.
3. Pamper Packs
What my mom calls ‘smellies’ is anything that smells good and is used in the bathroom. These include soaps, body lotions, bubble bath, bath bombs etc. These are a great gift for 80-year-old women as nobody can ever have too many of them as they get used up quickly and are a real treat. Often you can find beautifully packaged collections of various products such as this Spa Bath Luxury Gift Box
- The Spa set is a perfect personal gift idea, beautiful present for wife, mom, sister, friend and family members. No additional wrapping necessary!
- Relaxation Bath Gift Spa Set: Pamper Relax, Sleep & Bath Kit includes: Large Bath Bomb, Lavender and Verbena Essential Oil Wax Candle, Lavender, Chamomile & Eucalyptus bath Oil, Natural Jasmine, Rose & Lavender petals.
The Luxetique Spa Basket is exceptionally decadent if your budget allows for it. A really good quality selection of smellies is a great gift for any woman.
- 🛀 Nourishing Spa Gift Basket - The luxury 15pc bath set moisturize dry skin deeply and lastingly with the natural and nourishing ingredients.
- 🛀 Essential Oil - High-quality, 100% natural tea tree essential oil can help moisturize and soothe the skin and repair acne. When used with an aroma diffuser, its special and clean fragrance will make you feel relaxed and calm.
A beautiful bunch of flowers will brighten any room and impart cheerfulness and joy. A nice idea is to give a standard order of flowers. Speak to your florist or flower grower and organize for a bunch of flowers to be delivered to your special person every second week for a period. This is an amazing gift that keeps giving. Just as one bouquet is going over the next bunch will arrive.
A pedicure is a treat for any women but for a woman of 80 it can be especially useful as eyesight grows weaker and bending to touch one’s toes becomes more of a challenge. Not only will a pedicure be relaxing and enjoyable it will also ensure neat, beautiful nails and feet.
No matter how old one gets, beautiful nails make us feel good. A manicure with or without a gel nail finish is a great gift idea.
7. A Spa Day
Often being with the special people in your life is more important than what you are doing. Taking your special 80-year-old out for a spa day is a wonderful way to spend time together and be treated at the same time.
8. Photo Book
A wonderfully thoughtful gift is a photo book. These can be custom made and can contain photos of all the grandchildren and family members. This is a particularly thoughtful gift for an older woman who is beginning to suffer from dementia. Seeing photos of loved ones regularly can help her to remember who is who in the family.
9. Digital Photo Frame
People love seeing photos of their children, grandchildren, family and friends. It is wonderful to have framed photos dotted about the house but you are limited to only a few photos.
- Delightfully Effortless To Use. No app or subscription required. Plug in and use the touch screen to connect to Wi-Fi. Pick a unique Skylight email address for your digital picture frame. Email photos to the frame's address and they will appear instantly!
- The gift for a loved one. There’s no better way to put a smile on your loved one’s face than to share a special photo — a glimpse of the kids being silly, a magical moment from your vacation adventure, or a sentimental memory from long ago.
A digital photo frame is the ideal gift as many photos can be loaded onto it and photos can be updated and uploaded as the grandchildren grow up.
10. Photo Puzzle
For an avid puzzle builder, a photo puzzle is the perfect gift as it combines her hobby with something special and thoughtful. Use a photo of a special place, special people or something she loves and get it made into a puzzle. You can specify the number of pieces you’d like and can thus adapt it to her preferred level.
- ★Personalized this Jigsaw Puzzle by clicking" Customized now" . Then upload your Favorite photo (Such as children, lovers, family, friends and pets photo)
- ★Each puzzle uses exclusive customized packaging. Your photos are not only printed on the puzzle, but also on the packaging! Make a personalized photo puzzle, Perfect gifts for friends and family.
11. Photo Calendar
Many older people still prefer to have a paper calendar rather than using their cel phones to keep everything diarized. Creating a personalized photo calendar especially for her with photos of family and friends will be a gift that keeps giving the whole year.
- Holds 12 6" x 4" horizontal photos, one for each month January 2023 - December 2023
- The tent design allows you to display on a desk, table or any other flat surface
12. Electric Throw Blanket
On cold evenings or sunless days, it is comforting to be able to snuggle up warmly and read a book, watch TV or do some needle work. Electric throws are the perfect thing to keep you cozy. They are soft, fluffy and give off a comforting warmth. Shop around for a color that you know she will like and you have the perfect gift.
A warm, fluffy robe is a great gift for an older adult who may spend a little more time in it than most. Pair the robe with a pair of warm, comfortable slippers for the perfect gift.
- SHAWL COLLAR FLEECE BATHROBE - Super soft, plush, shawl collar fleece bathrobe for women that offers great comfort whenever in use.
- SOFT AND FLUFFY - The bathrobe is soft and fluffy, which can be worn all day long; perfect for lounging, relaxation.
- ❤ Cozy Fleece Upper: These House Slippers Upper Has the Breathable Knit Design and You Will Find the Winter Slipper is so Cute. Slide Your Feet into the Plush Slippers and Enjoy a New Wearing Experience.
- ❤ Comfortable Fluffy Plush Lining: Ultra-Soft Plush Lining Will Keep Your Feet Warm and Comfortable in Cold Autumn and Winter Nights. The Home Slippers Will Keep Your Feet Soothing Comfort and Toasty whether in Socks or Bare Feet.
14. Restaurant Delivery
Most restaurants, since the outbreak of the Covid 19 pandemic, do deliveries of their dishes. A lovely gift idea is to have a meal delivered to her from her favorite restaurant. You can even arrange that a meal gets delivered once a week for a month or two. Your gift will than keep giving for a while and give her something to look forward to long after her birthday is over.
15. Bird Feeder
A bird feeder is a lovely gift for anyone who is interested in nature and birds. Install the feeder where she can see it from her favorite seat. Buy some birdseed to go with the feeder so she can get started right away. This window bird feeder suctions onto the glass of the window so can be seen and enjoyed even if you do not have a garden.
- PREMIUM QUALITY UNIQUE GIFTS for bird lovers (and pet lovers!) See colorful wild birds from up close. Sit in your kitchen and have fun discovering your garden birds. Window feeder For birds fits on to any plain glass window. "This is one of the very best items I have purchased on Amazon. It extremely well-made, sturdy, and attractive! Anyone interested in these birdfeeders should have absolutely no hesitations."
- LIFETIME SUCTION CUP GUARANTEE. Four heavy duty suction cups using our groundbreaking EVERGRIP X4 technology ensure your birdfeeder is out of squirrels' reach and will never fall. Ever.
16. Goodie Basket
Make up your own basket of her favorite goodies and treats. Ideas for things to add are nuts, dried fruit, chocolates, sweets, fruit juices, crisps, cookies, cappuccino sachets, herbal tea bags, jerky. Making your own basket is much more thoughtful than buying a ready-made one but if you choose to go that route try these decadent baskets: Wine Country Gift Basket
- THE PERFECT GIFT BASKET FOR ANY OCCASION: Perfect as an anniversary basket for couples, a congratulations gift basket, college care package, or a corporate gift basket. Ideal and unique gift as a housewarming gift basket or for a retirement gift. This selection of treats can be adapted to nearly every need: birthday gifts, get well soon gifts, and more
- PRIME PRESENTATION: we have taken gift-giving to a complete new level. Each detail in the package is designed to make your gift-giving even more thrilling and extra delicious. Our beautiful presentation will make this gift a memorable one
or this sweet and savory gift basket by Broadway Basketeers.
- GOURMET GIFT BASKETS: Send joy anywhere with individually wrapped sweets and snacks handcrafted for your recipient. Beautifully packaged, this gift basket is perfect for congratulations, appreciation, thank you, birthday, retirement, or engagement.
- CUSTOMER FAVORITES: Filled with 4 lbs of our bestselling snack assortments with the perfect blend of sweet and savory. Includes cookies, crackers, mixed nuts, wafers, popcorn, puff pastry, fruit cookies, and gourmet corn.
17. Game a Day Calendar
This Games and Puzzles to Keep Your Brain Young calendar box is a great gift for a woman that is wanting to keep her brain young and fit. It will exercise her brain, keep her busy for a while and remind her of you. It provides one word puzzle, logic conundrum or trivia challenge per day.
- Linde, Nancy (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
18. Leg Massager
This leg massaging machine is designed to mimic hand squeezing and helps soothe and relax muscle tension and helps with circulation. It can be adjusted to fit any size and is very easy to use. It is a very thoughtful and useful gift.
- MAXIMIZE YOUR FOOT AND CALF MASSAGE EXPERIENCE: Effectively relieve fatigue and discomfort of your tired feet and lower leg. The airbag pressure on your tissue will also improve the blood circulation.
- CUSTOMIZE MODES AND INTENSITY LEVELS : 2 modes and 3 intensity levels provides different massage experience. You can maximize the strength of the pressure from the air bags with the touch on the air pressure button.
19. Large Print Playing Cards
For the woman who loves to play bridge, canasta or solitaire, these large print playing cards are a great gift.
- Great quantity of 12 decks playing cards: 6 red and 6 black; each deck contains 52 suited cards and 2 jokers
- Playing cards are great for many card games: Texas Hold'em, Blackjack, Pinochle, Euchre, Bridge, Canasta, Go fish, Poker, Hearts, Baccarat and more
Choosing gifts for seniors is a lot more of a challenge than gift buying for other age groups. Grandchildren are easy, they are easily entertained by new items and events. Even finding a gift for your spouse is easier, as pointed out by Cupid’s Light.
What makes it so difficult then to buy gifts for older adults? They don’t need anything – usually, and the things they do need are too practical to make for genuine gifts. This is why, whenever possible, look for gifts that have sentimental value, that actually mean something. Sometimes the best gifts are not items at all, but time together.