Shopping for an older adult is a bit harder than it is to shop for a child. This is a time in life when people often have most things they need, so more thought must go into each gift to ensure that you are getting something that the recipient will genuinely enjoy, and ideally use for years to come.
Thankfully, we’ve done a lot of the heavy lifting for you. We’ve come up with ideas that go beyond just washable slippers, a digital photo frame, or another soft blanket (although those are good, too).
So, let’s take a look at our list of 36 unique gift ideas for older adults.
Gift Ideas to Let Your Loved One Know You’re Thinking of Them
To start, we’re going to share some of the best gifts you can give from a distance to let your loved one know you’re thinking of them. These are all small, fun, thoughtful, and inexpensive gift ideas for seniors that we know they’ll enjoy.
This list includes little moments of luxury (aromatherapy shower steamers), funny gifts to relieve stress (dammit doll), practical items (a magnetic pickup tool), items great for the homebody (window bird feeder), gifts for seniors who have trouble sleeping (heated eye mask), and good gifts for the traveler (travel glasses case).
All of these excellent gifts are around or under $25, and would also be great stocking stuffers if you happen to be reading this around the holidays!
Transparent Window Bird Feeder w/ Suction Cups
- LIFETIME GUARANTEE and VIP SUPPORT: Like all Nature Anywhere products, if for whatever reason you don't absolutely LOVE your Birds-I-View contact us bye email or phone and receive a full refund (or replace it, if there is a problem.) "I had a question that I asked of the site and they got back to me the next day,(Sunday) and that is a rarity in today's business world and I do appreciate that kind of response."
- THOUGHTFUL AND UNIQUE GIFTS for bird lovers (and pet lovers!) See colorful wild birds from up close. Sit in your kitchen and have fun discovering your garden birds. Window feeder For birds fits on to any plain glass window. "This is one of the very best items I have purchased on Amazon. It extremely well-made, sturdy, and attractive! Anyone interested in these birdfeeders should have absolutely no hesitations."
Spurtle Set of Wooden Kitchen Utensils
- 【Natural Acacia Wood & Food Safe】The Wooden spurtles Set is made of food grade natural acacia wood. The wood grain on these utensils is beautiful and natural. This wood have beautiful and unique textures, hard and sturdy, odor-free which is best and safe for making high-end kitchen cooking utensils.
- 【Less damage & More heat resistance】The Wooden spatula set bring very less damage to cookware than steel utensils when cooking with Non-Sick Pan, Woks and Stir-Fry Pans, and more safe with high heat than plastic or rubber utensils. This kitchen utensils set are very suitable for cooking in the kitchen.
Warm Compresses Heated Eye Mask
- EYE MASK FOR DRY EYES - TOPOINT dry eye mask filled with natural flax-seed (Black), heated eye masks for dry eyes has a high heat storage and heat transfer effect, warm compress for eyes can relieve eye fatigue, dry eye, dark circles, eye edema, palpebral fissure ,blepharitis and Meibomian Gland Dysfunction . heated eye mask with Cassia Seed(Grey) helps quiet down the mind and sleep better, eye stye remover are especially for those who always face to computer or phone.
- EYE CARE WARM COMPRESS - PLEASE NOTE: JUST HEAT THE SEEDS BAG, DON'T HEAT THE OUTER SLEEP MASK. 1. Take Out the (flax-seed/Cassia) Seeds bag from the cover. 2. Heat up the seeds bag in Microwave for 30-40 seconds. 3. Put it back to the eye mask. 4. Apply the whole stye eye treatment Mask on your eyes, the heat will gradually be released from the inside out to achieve the effect of warm compress. Warm eye compress maintain several minutes of each use.
Stress Relieving Dammit Doll
- RANDOM – Tired of searching for the perfect Dammit Doll? Well, stop stressing! Let us surprise you! One Random Dammit Doll is the perfect gag gift for a co-worker, family member, or friend
- HANDMADE – Each Dammit Doll is constructed of handmade, high quality material and it’s durable enough to take a mean squeeze. Bang it on your desk for an extra bit of stress relief.
Telescoping Magnetic Pickup Tool
- GIFTS FOR MEN - This is the perfect Birthday gift for anyone looking to expand their toolbox! Each of these tools for men arrive ready to give to a dad, husband, friend, or DIYer who has everything and wants nothing.
- POWERFUL GRIP - Easily retrieve dropped items such as nuts, bolts, nails, and screws with our magnetic tool. It also features a strong magnetic base for hands-free use when placed on a metallic surface.
Aromatherapy Shower Steamers
- Eucalyptus, Mint, Menthol & Nasal Congestion Relief; Infused with natural essential oils unlike others that are packed with perfume fragrances, our heavenly Eucalyptus scent will give you a great relaxing night of well rest.
- Wash Away All Day's Stress & Fatigue; with our aromatherapy shower steamers, which will dissolve in your bathtub and release potent aromatherapy essential oils that will help you immerse in deep relaxation.
Portable Glasses Storage Case
- Full Protection: High quality PU leather outside and the soft smooth inside, protect your glasses well and will not be scratched. Furthermore, a perfect eyeglasses organizer and display stand.
- Multiple Slots: Designed with 5 slots, storing your sunglasses, eyeglasses, eyewear. Hard PU outer layer and with independent storage case and enough space to protect and store your eyeglasses.
Toilet Bowl Night Light w/ Motion Sensor
- 💤 🌙 NO MORE BLINDING MIDNIGHT VISITS: Step confidently into your bathroom with the RainBowl LED toilet light . Its crafty toilet light motion sensor ensures a soft glow, leading your path. Midnight bathroom trips are now safe from those harsh overhead lights.
- 🎯 PERFECT AIM, EVERY TIME: Navigating in the dark, can be tricky. Thanks to its built-in sensors, this toilet night light knows when to glow (dark times) & when to nap (light times). The toilet bowl light motion activated brilliance ensures simpler, safer & cleaner bathroom trips.
Great Gifts for Older Adults Who Have Pain
A Foam Roller
Aging comes with certain aches and pains that many never experienced in their youth. A firm foam roller can help relieve muscle tightness and soreness, and – important for older age and balance – improve the range of motion in joints (source). Just about every person I meet in the gym has terribly tight hamstrings, and a foam roller is a fantastic way to help improve range of motion and relieve muscle tightness.
- Firm, High-Density Foam Roller: The AXIS, black foam roller is designed to perform in demanding sports medicine, physical therapy and high-use Pilates and yoga sessions.
- Perform Myofascial Release: Relieve tight or injured muscles, perform self-myofascial release on trigger points and knots, self-massage soft tissue and roll away soreness. Roll out tough muscle adhesions in the lower extremities—IT band, piriformis, hamstrings and quads.
Typically, the longer the foam roller, the better. I’ve found that my older clients have a much more difficult time using a foam roller if it’s only a foot or two in length, compared to the options on the market that are around three feet in length.
A solid foam roller may seem simple, but its effectiveness on relieving pain can be impressive.
The longer foam rollers seem to be easier to get into position than the rest. The only caveat here is that this is a gift for somebody who has enough muscle strength to get on and off the floor. If they can’t, you may want to look at the next option instead.
- Cane shaped massager for easing aches and pains
- 6 treatment balls for total body massage
Tightness and sore muscles seem to be an inherent part of old age. Unfortunately, a lot of that tightness occurs in the back muscles – a location nobody can reach. One of the best ways that I’ve found to help relieve this back tightness is with a Theracane. For those who have a difficult time getting onto the ground to use a foam roller, this is a better option to try. It’s a means of back massage that can easily be used while standing up or sitting in a chair.
A Neck Massager
- 8 Powerful Deep-Shiatsu Kneading Massage Nodes. Our neck massager help you better with alleviate muscle soreness, ease neck stiffness, eliminate cervical fatigue, and relax yourself after a long day work
- Easy and Safe to Use. Built-in infrared advanced soothing heat function, the massager will improve your blood circulation, and it is settled within 15 minutes overheating auto-shut off protection. (Can be turned off manually)
More on massages, what about a high-end neck massager? It’s incredibly common for people to carry their stress in their shoulders and upper back. Perhaps that’s one of the reasons that a quality neck massager is such a great gift. I’ve bought two of these as gifts for seniors in the past, and both recipients loved them. It’s a fantastic means of loosening tight muscles and alleviating pain while you’re relaxing in the evening watching television.
An Inversion Table
- Ergonomically designed 4 inch memory-style foam backrest with contour fit for extra comfort and support
- Removable, remote controlled multifunction therapeutic full back heat and vibrating massage pad
A quality inversion table might seem intimidating to some, but it can help with back pain.
Back pain is incredibly common with age, affecting as much as 80% of the population. For those who suffer from chronic back pain, they may appreciate getting to use an inversion table. This is basically a table on a swivel that pivots so that whoever is on it can hang upside down. This helps to decompress the discs within the spine, alleviating painful pressure.
This is probably the most used piece of exercise equipment in the gym where I work. I’m predominantly working with older clients throughout the day, and many of them are severely deconditioned or have some rather severe joint pain. The Nu-Step ends up being one of the perfect modes of cardio exercise for a lot of these clients. With them, I can even get an older adult who’s had a stroke leaving half of them paralyzed to work out effectively.
Downside? These don’t come cheap – running at around $3000 or so – but this can truly be one of the best investments that a senior can make for maintaining and improving their health and independence as time marches on.
Personal Trainer Workouts
When it comes to working out, a lot of older people have not spent enough time in the gym to be comfortable navigating their way around intimidating exercise equipment. They know that they need to work out, they just don’t know how. That’s one of the great things about hiring a personal trainer.
A quality trainer will be able to take an older client through a workout that will help to burn calories, build strength, and improve joint health.
Personal training also means socialization.
They’ll know what exercises people with particular issues should avoid, and which ones they should prioritize. On top of that, this is often one of the greatest sources of social interaction that an older person will have throughout the course of a week. I’ve had dozens of clients tell me that if it weren’t for the gym, they’d never get the chance to talk to anyone outside of their house. I recommend personal training packages if it seems as if this would be a gift of interest.
Gifts for Elderly Women
Giving a gift to an older woman is not as complicated as we often make it out to be. However, if you’re stuck on what to gift the older women in your life, perhaps the following suggestions will help.
Mr. Stacky is great for gardeners. I work with around 100+ patients a day, and it always breaks my heart to see clients who can no longer enjoy the gardening they love due to reasons such as joint limitations, downsizing to a smaller home, etc. In any case, I believe this item can make a great gift.
You can grow a lot of plants in this thing within a surprisingly small amount of space, and thanks to its height, there’s little to no squatting or bending required to tend to the plants. Gardening has never been easier!
A Kitchen Herb Garden
- EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE PACK - This kit comes with everything that you need to start your own herb garden. 5 type of herb seeds, soil, plant markers, reusable pots, trays, and an easy to follow planting instructions are all provided. You need absolutely zero knowledge or experience! Our set comes with detailed and illustrated instructions along with a PDF guide on best practices.
- A THOUGHTFUL GIFT - Home Grown’s beginner garden set is bound to bring smiles all around and be thoroughly enjoyed. For moms, dads, vegetarian friends, home cooks who love evolving their craft or hobbyist gardeners- you’ll win them all over! Get this perfect gardening gift today.
An indoor herb garden for the kitchen is another great gift idea for the gardener and cook who wants to enjoy fresh herbs without maintaining a big garden. Nothing in your spice rack can compare to the flavor of fresh-picked herbs. If you’ve ever cooked with herbs from your local farmers’ market, you understand what I’m talking about here.
A kitchen herb garden is a great way to add a flavorful addition to any food, an interesting way to enliven someone’s kitchen, and something you can enjoy watching grow over time.
The KitchenAid Mixer
- This Item is Certified Refurbished This Certified Refurbished product is tested and certified by the manufacturer or by a third-party refurbisher to look and work like new, with limited to no signs of wear. The refurbishing process includes functionality testing, inspection, reconditioning and repackaging. The product ships with relevant accessories, a minimum 90-day warranty, and may arrive in a generic white or brown box. Accessories may be generic and not directly from the manufacturer.
All the women in my family think a kitchen is not complete until it has one of the coveted KitchenAid mixers. If your favorite senior enjoys cooking or baking, this may be the perfect time-saving gift. You can throw all your ingredients in the bowl, and let it do the mixing so that you can get to peeling potatoes, frying bacon, or whatever else is calling for your attention in the kitchen.
If the person whom you’re thinking about giving a gift has bad arthritis in their hands, and mixing things by hand has become painful and difficult for them, that may be all the more reason to take a closer look at gifting them a KitchenAid mixer.
A Locket with a Family Pic
- Oval-shaped locket in 14k gold-filled featuring engraved floral design with engraveable signet area.
- Holds two photos and features special hidden hinge design.
How about a locket? My Granny loves family pictures. Every time my family gets together at her house I can’t help but chuckle to myself at seeing the newest picture of her grandson (that I just texted to her the night before) already printed off and proudly displayed in a frame in the living room. Photographs are reminders of the people and the memories that we hold dear.
There’s something symbolic behind keeping a picture of one’s family so close to one’s heart at all times. Additionally, a locket is a classic gift that comes from the heart and is sure to be cherished.
Wood Carving of Family Initial
It’s hard to go wrong with a quality wood carving as a gift. We all seem to recognize the inherent difficulty and labor involved in crafting something as exquisite as a proper wood carving piece, and who wouldn’t want their last name prominently displayed in their house?
There are some jaw-dropping artists out there who can create these for you, and the more you look around, the more you’ll find options that you like. We recommend looking on Etsy to start!
Wax Seal for Letters and Stationery
- Design: Antique Alphabet Initial Letter Design, Removable Stamp - Easy to Change and Install. Best choice of gift giving, letter prining and gift warpping.
- Material: Copper head and Rosewood Handle.
Perfect for crafters, a wax seal can make a fun gift. While something of a forgotten art, letter writing has been making a bit of a comeback over the past ten years. Many older adults, however, never stopped. If you know somebody who enjoys writing letters to their grandchildren, friends, and other family members, you may want to look into getting them a personalized wax seal kit.
I’ve given these as gifts before, and they’re very unique. If you’re contemplating what type of wax to get, I recommend one that already has a wick. It’s a much cleaner and easier process that way. I am also partial to the wine-red wax. It has a very professional and classic vibe to it that I’ve found lacking in many other colors.
Hand-Turned Candle Sticks
These make unique and beautiful gifts for the homebody or interior design lover in your life. If you know someone who enjoys making their house look beautiful and interesting inside with both practical and ornate decorations, I recommend looking into gifting them a set of beautiful, hand-turned candlesticks.
Woodturning on the lathe can turn out some absolutely incredible pieces of art, and these will be a useful gift that the recipient will display proudly in their home. The hand-turned aspect of these pieces makes them even more personal.
An Indoor Coffee Bush
Who doesn’t love coffee? And who wouldn’t enjoy the chance to grow their own? With this dwarf potted coffee bean plant from Gurney’s, you’ll be able to raise your own coffee plant right from your own living room or kitchen.
Aside from helping to clean the air within a home, potted plants add variety to the décor of any room, and the hope of future coffee beans gives the recipient something to look forward to.
Gifts for Elderly Men
Contrary to what many people attest to, I’ve long considered shopping for men to be easier. All you really have to do is find a unique tool and you’ve likely got a winner.
Okay, okay, perhaps there’s a bit more to it than that, but if you’re getting gift block and can’t think of what to buy, take a look at the items below. I think you’ll find these gift suggestions helpful.
Tabletop Fire Pit
- 🔥 S'MORES FUN FOR ALL: Our table fire pit tabletop doubles as a smores maker tabletop indoor, allowing you to gather around to roast marshmallows and make s'mores, turning any evening into a fun-filled event.
- 🔥 EASY TO USE & SAFE: Designed for easy operation and safety, our portable fireplace provides a worry-free experience while you enjoy the warmth and comfort it brings.
This mini tabletop fireplace is an excellent gift for the people who have everything, as it’s an unusual and FUN gift to give that they’re unlikely to already have. It’s under $50, has excellent reviews, and comes with two roasting sticks to be used to roast marshmallows in the comfort of ones own kitchen or back patio!
It’s easy to use, safe, and will allow the recipient to experience the warmth and coziness of a small fire pit without the hassle, as this mini tabletop fire pit offers a clean, smokeless, and odorless burn.
- 3-Wheel Recumbent Bike – Enjoy the outdoors with this adult tricycle for women and men. Designed for cruising and exercise on flat paved surfaces and gently sloping terrain
- Low Impact Exercise – Get a cardiovascular workout with minimal stress on your back and knees. Reclined seat provides evenly cushioned support. An outdoor tricycle for seniors and all adults who prefer a more stable, comfortable ride
A higher-priced gift, but a recumbent bike like this one could really benefit a senior who wants to stay active.
A higher-end recumbent bicycle? Not small (or cheap), but it could be perfect. Men are men and always will be. As such, the option of going exploring – of discovering – is always going to be of interest. A fantastic way to foster this trait is via a recumbent bicycle. Three-wheel bikes for seniors are a growing trend to satisfy safety with exercise. This is a great way to increase one’s physical activity levels, to get outside in fresh air and sunshine (both of which are beneficial to overall health), and is a perfect fit for somebody whose balance may not be as great as it once was.
- ▲Leather Working Tools Kit -- This leather craft tools hold punching, sewing, carving, decorating gluing, edging grinding colouration and other functions for leather craft.
- ▲Come with Durable Leather Tool Box -- The Leather Crafting Tools kit comes with a high quality tool box. More durable than carton box, very suitable for long time using. Besides, everything you need is included in this leather tool box, stay organized, you don't worry about lose anything and can take on belt or leather handbag making project immediately!
An all-purpose leatherworking set of tools could be a hit with the guy who likes to work with his hands. It’s after retirement that many men begin picking up new hobbies as they look for ways to fill the time. If that sounds like the man that you’re shopping for, consider gifting them the gear that they would need to get started in leatherworking.
Holsters, belts, and rifle slings are just a few things that can be made, and they could even learn how to make a purse for their wife (although maybe that’s not an incentive after all)!
Tinkering is a common hobby of older men. You can expect to spend somewhere in the ballpark of $50 for a beginner’s set of these tools; and, as far as leather goes, I’ve bought scrap lots on eBay for family members with great success!
A Meats Basket
We’ve all heard that the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach, and I think of pastrami and jerky gift baskets as a shortcut. There are numerous great gift basket companies out there that include a variety of sausages, jerkies, and other assorted tasty and unique meats.
I recommend checking out Harry and David to give you some ideas as to what’s out there. If you shop there, or anywhere online for that matter, download the Rakuten extension to get cash back! Harry and David, and many other sites, participate with the app, which also sometimes offers exclusive deals.
A Spoon Carving Kit
- ❗AMAZING GIFT IDEA❗With complete wood carving supplies to begin with out of the beautiful display box, feel secure that the special someone in your life will enjoy their gift and put it to use immediately
- ❗GREAT FOR ANY CARVING OR WHITTLING PROJECT❗Start your craft with spoons and graduate to carving bowls or kuska, whittling wooden gnomes or wizzards, kuksa cup the possibilities are endless with our carving tools
Many older men have long enjoyed whittling and carving, so how about a spoon carving kit? It’s a peaceful, thoughtful gift that involves the hands, and you can do it without really having to think about the process. It’s a way to be productive as you tune out from the world while watching the sunset type of activity.
If you’re looking for high-quality yet lower-cost gouges and chisels, I recommend checking out Veritas. I’ve long found them to be the best bang for your buck.
A Fly Fishing Rod
If the man you’re shopping for enjoys the great outdoors, then you may not have to look any further than a quality fly fishing rod – or any fishing gear for that matter. But fly fishing specifically is a gateway to getting to enjoy the outdoors, find an excuse to hang out with friends and grandkids, and possibly (hopefully) bring some fresh fish back home for dinner, too (making this a practical gift as well!)
If you’re looking for high-quality flies and other gear, the best store that I’ve found as of yet is called Tale Tellers Fly Shop. His blog is fantastic, and he has a lot of great advice as to what gear you should be buying.
A Subscription to a Favorite Magazine
I’ve always thought that magazine subscriptions were a great gift idea. For the reader in your life, this may be something to consider. It’s fun opening up the mailbox to see that there’s something inside other than bills, and this gives the recipient something to look forward to multiple times a year.
Gifts for Seniors Who Already Have Everything
This is where it gets tricky. What do you get for the person who already has everything, and will even tell you that they do? How do you give a thoughtful gift to them?
I think at this point you have two failsafe fallbacks to rely on: experiences and memories.
A new and unique experience is something they can’t already have, and good memories made alongside family and friends are something that everyone cherishes. The gift ideas below will hopefully help inspire some creative, experiential gift-giving!
Shutterfly Photo Books
I’m a big fan of photo books. You can find some great coupons for these online (that will often halve the cost), and they’re just a lot of fun. They’re a great way to store pictures of loved ones without having to worry about finding a whole bunch of new picture frames, buying a new photo album, or finding the space for storage.
Instead, a Shutterfly photo book can easily rest on a coffee table until it is ready to be perused. It’s hard to go wrong here. Similar to the Harry and David idea mentioned earlier, be sure to use the Rakuten extension for additional savings at Shutterfly.
I’ve often found that an Airbnb venue is a much more enjoyable visit than any hotel on the market. I like the idea of privacy when I go on vacation, and who doesn’t have hotel horror stories involving bad guests traipsing about the hallways at 3AM? With an Airbnb stay, you can avoid all of that, and all while staying at some of the most beautiful locations on the planet.
Want to stay on a yacht? That’s an option. In an old fire tower? Also doable. Within an ice palace? Yep, they’ve got that too. These unique and exciting options make giving the gift of an Airbnb stay worth some serious consideration.
Hot Air Balloon Ride
Remember these? For the more adventurous gift recipient, this may be something to consider. Even if somebody has already taken a hot air balloon ride in the past, I don’t think people ever tire of the immersive beauty that can be enjoyed when one is looking down on the landscape below from extraordinary heights. It’s the primary reason that we as humans enjoy hiking to the tops of mountains, and this allows for a similar view without the strenuous climb!
A Scavenger Hunt of Memorable Places from Their Past
Now this one would take a bit of work, but it could potentially bring a lot of joy. If you can find the place where a couple first met, had their first dance, first said ‘I love you,’ proposed, got married, etc., and then create some type of scavenger hunt with clues along the way to a final prize, that could be a whole lot of fun for all parties involved.
If you’re looking for some means of hiding clues at each location, I recommend checking out these waterproof aluminum portable pill cases. They can hold a good-sized message and are discrete until they need to be found. Just something to think about.
Framed Family Photos
I think these are best when the entire extended family is involved. These moments captured in time help one to ponder the extent of their legacy. To get the chance to look at all those who are here as a result of hard work and love. Once again, Shutterfly does a great job of printing out larger photographs, so you may want to consider them if this is an option for you.
Blown Up Old Wedding Photos
If you can find an older picture of their wedding day for the gift recipient, this is a wonderful gift. If you can get your hands on such, a local framing studio or photographer can easily blow up the picture for you so that the end result is this big, beautiful photograph waiting to be framed. You could also go the extra mile and have it framed for them, too!
We’ve done this as a family in the past for loved ones, and I think I enjoyed the gift as much as the recipients did. Every time that I went to their house after giving this gift, it was fun to see this picture and to think about all that had happened within our family since that day.
A Family Beach Vacation
Initially, I thought a cruise would be a good fit for this last gift slot, but I’ve since changed my mind to a family beach vacation. Family and time with them are often one of the main desires for those who already have everything they need, and the rental of a beach house and a week in it during the summer is a great way to bond as a family and make memories that will last a lifetime.
It’s because of past trips like these with my family that I have any recollection of my great granny whatsoever. The beach was the only time I ever got the chance to really talk with her. It’s because of this I think you can’t go wrong here. Just don’t forget a beach chair that’s good for the elderly to bring with you!
Gift giving can be a bit of an art, and it can most certainly be difficult as well. However, hopefully, the above ideas will help to serve as a source of inspiration for what can be something of a difficult endeavor. While the thought does count, you still want to give something that the recipient will enjoy. I think that by utilizing the ideas above you’ll be well on your way to doing just that.
Are there other great gift ideas that you’ve found that we didn’t cover in the lists above? Let us know in the comments below!
- Your Perfect Coffee Maker for Ground and Pod Coffee - This coffee maker is compatible with K-Cups and includes a reusable ground basket so that you can brew your preferred brand of coffee powder or tea. Brew any size cup between 6 and 14 oz for a smooth cup of coffee to kick- start your day. Its large capacity powder basket can hold more coffee powder (max 0.88oz), allowing you to get the tastiest cup of coffee or tea.
- Simple Push Button Controls and Bold Brewing - A hot cup of coffee will be ready for you at the push of a button. The Bold setting on this single cup coffee maker activates a unique brewing process that extracts more flavor and aroma, resulting in stronger, richer coffee. It is important to note that the flavor of the coffee will vary depending on the amount of coffee and water used. Adjust these two amounts according to your taste preference.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. Are there any personalized or customizable gift options that would make a meaningful and memorable gift for older adults?
Yes, personalized or customizable gifts, such as engraved items, custom photo books, or tailored experiences such as online cooking classes can make meaningful and memorable perfect gifts for older adults. Etsy is a great place to look for customizable gifts, and Uncommon Goods is another favorite site of ours for good gift ideas that are also unique gifts for seniors.
2. What is the appropriate amount of money to spend on a gift?
The appropriate amount to spend on a gift depends on your relationship with the recipient, the occasion, and your budget. Consider the significance of the event and choose a thoughtful gift within your means – giving a gift is about the thought behind it, not the dollar amount spent.
3. What are good foodie gifts to give an older adult?
While some seniors enjoy board games, perusing weather reports, word searches, and crossword puzzles, many others enjoy learning a new skill such as cooking! If you have a foodie in your life where cooking or baking is one of their favorite hobbies, we suggest a gift box filled with fresh fruit or favorite foods from around the world, a new single serve coffee maker, or a basket full of new kitchen tools and gadgets to make their time spent in the kitchen easier and more enjoyable.
About the Authors
Zac Martin is an exercise physiologist who has spent years helping older clients work through various physical and health conditions. He is familiar with the physical issues older adults face as they age and enjoys working on and writing about strength training, successful recovery techniques, and healthy aging.
Leona Small is a freelance writer and former caregiver. She has experience working with people with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementias and has spent years working alongside both patients and caregivers in Hospice. Additionally, she’s worked as a Professional Organizer helping people and families to purge, organize, manage, and prepare for various life transitions such as moving, downsizing, and the passing of loved ones. Her passions include writing about healthy aging, innovative resources to help older adults and caregivers, and traveling.