Retirement is a special milestone. It is the end of a huge chapter in life and – most importantly – the beginning of a new and exciting one. Our gift guide has the best retirement gift ideas for your mom; so she can say goodbye tension, hello pension!
Here are some really funny, creative and unique retirement gift ideas, for mom.
1) Humorous Mug
- FUNNY GIFT FOR HER: As Mather's Day Gift, Valentines Gift Anniversary Gift, Birthday gift, and Christmas present. She will surely enjoy his beverage in this mug. Fun, practical, and meaningful gift for birthdays, anniversary or just when you want to make her feel loved and appreciated. Let’s give a mug that will make a BIG statement & create laughter as soon as she opens the “Gift-Ready” box. It will make her smile every time they pour themselves a cup of coffee or tea.
- EXQUISITE PACKAGING DESIGN. Each mug is carefully packaged in a unique design gift box. There are beautiful ribbons in the box. Don't bother preparing for extra gift wrapping. You can give presents right away.
If you want to give mom a good laugh, a humorous mug will do the trick. Plus, she will actually get use out of it as she sips a calming cup of tea or rich black coffee in the morning.
2) Tee Shirt
- Are you retired, or a retiree that's ready to relax? Well before you head off to vacation, grab this funny Retirement tee! This funny retirement tee is great to wear at a farewell party, or while on retirement vacation. Perfect Retired Uniform to wear
- This Is My Retirement Uniform Funny Retirement tee makes a great gift idea for recently retired employees. Recently retired Dad, Mom, uncle, grandpa, aunt, or grandma will love this. Makes a great Retirement Gift idea.
For the mom who wore a uniform in her career, she might find a retirement uniform t-shirt a silly and fun gift. A silly spin on the idea of the retirement shirt is a gift she will love.
3) Bottle Opener
- 【Multifunctional Electric Wine Opener Set】 In addition to the essential electric wine opener, the Zupora wine bottle opener set includes a foil cutter, a wine pourer, and a vacuum stopper to help you open, decant and preserve your wine. The Zupora electric wine opener set provides a comfortable way to enjoy your wine.
- 【Powerful and fast cork removal function】 Place the electric wine opener vertically above the bottle and quickly remove the cork in 7 seconds, opening up to 100 bottles at a time without damaging the cork. The electric wine opener is especially suitable for the elderly, or weak people.
When you think of retirement gifts for mom, an electric wine opener is a winner. Her bottle of wine will open in seconds without the annoying struggle of using a traditional wine opener. If your newly retired mom is a wine lover, this will be a much appreciated retirement gift!
4) Custom Cutting Board
Retirement means the opportunity to enjoy all those things you didn’t have time for before, like cooking! Present her with a handy cutting board.
This is a sweet and practical (not to mention useful) gift that hits all the right notes.
5) Key Chain
- PERFECT PRESENT FOR RETIREMENT: A co-worker, boss, family member who is finally retiring after all these years of hard work and sacrifice. Surprise someone special with this fun and sarcastic gift keychain
- METAL FINISH KEYCHAIN for you to gift to your favorite person who is finally retiring, this lovely keychain will make a great present for that person who has made work easier for you or for a family member or friend who is saying goodbye to the work life! Perfect gift for a retirement party.
A keychain is a small gift that works perfectly if you are on a budget. Inexpensive and straightforward, this gift helps to get the message across. A sweet keychain will make mom think of you and your thoughtfulness every time she starts her car.
6) Coloring Book
- Jo Puzzled (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
Coloring books for adults are seriously relaxing. They will keep the creative juices flowing while mom is no longer busy with a nine-to-five. It is also a great activity to do with others, so your mom can share this gift with friends, children, and grandkids.
7) Personalized Apron
Now that mom is retired she has more time to cook all those dishes she dreamt about. You can get creative with the custom text that’s printed in black or metallic text on this apron.
8) Travel-Ready Camera
- Automatically detects the brightness of the surrounding and adjusts the amount of flash and shutter speed to optimize photo quality; Lens: F=60 millimeter, F=12.7
- Double exposure mode 2 images are produced on 1 film sheet by pressing the shutter twice, automatic film feeding out
A fun gift for mom, who is planning to globe-trot after retirement, or just to capture her new found freedom while out and about.
The Instax Mini 90 is designed with a classic look and comes with advanced features. If the classic look isn’t her style, they also have the Original Insta Mini at half the price.
9) Grandkids Make Retirement Even Sweeter
- 【MORE THAN A GIFT】The fine made photo frame printed with "Grandkids spoiled here" is not only a unique gift, but also an expression of your love to your nana. She would love it so much!!
- 【FARMHOUSE DECOR】This adorable handmade sweet heart pattern frame is a good farmhouse decor for living room,bedroom, kitchen and dining room.
Your mom can change out the photos on this adorable sign whenever she gets a new batch! This will look so great in her living room and will match any and all of her décor.
10) Retirement Wine Bottle Labels
- Perfect retirement party present; Whether you’re the best friend or family of the retiree, a colleague, or just invited to the retirement party, make sure you reward their successful retirement with a thoughtful gift.
- Delight the newly retired guy or gal; You don't want to show up with another boring mug or t-shirt, get a little creative! Gift them these 5 wine bottle labels along with some wine to help them start their retirement the right way. Wine not included
Wine always makes for an easy gift, but instead of gifting run-of-the-mill bottles. Grab some of these wine bottle stickers, they are sure to bring a laugh and a smile to your mom until the bottle’s last drop.
Looking for something more long lasting and meaningful?
11) A Trip
This one could be tough on the budget, but planning a trip for your mother, her and her partner, or even the two of you could be the gift that keeps on giving through the memories it’d create. Is there a place she’s always wanted to visit? Does she want to visit the area she grew up? Does she want to go visit long-distance family? You could pool resources with others to make a trip affordable.
12) Wind Chimes
- 💚 CUSTOMIZATION:- Side 1 engraved with a Tree of Life. The Side 2 comes default with engraving from "never underestimate......happy retirement". You need to provide only Name and Date. However, if you do not want the default message, then send your custom message with name and date under 50 -60 characters in max 4 lines
- 💚 SIZE:- Large Tuned wind chimes outdoor total hanging length is 30” Inches (Top to bottom)
Personalized gifts are very touching to receive and this large bronze-toned wind chime is something they can hang with pride for years to come. It features eight aluminum tubes for a deeply relaxing tone and a special hanging medallion with the Tree of Life on one side and your special message on the other.
13) Plant a Tree
With this retirement gift, your mom has a tree planted in her name in a much-needed area of our national forests. They get a lovely certificate, GPS coordinates, and photos of where the tree (or grove of trees, you can choose either) has been planted.
For the mom that already seems to have everything, or is just particularly hard to shop for, or loves this beautiful earth like no other, this is a sweet gift that really gives back.
14) Commissioned Fine Art
An elegant gift for mom! Take a much loved photograph and turn it into a stunning work of canvas art.
Jewelry can be a tricky gift to get for mom approaching retirement. However, knowing her style can make the process more straightforward. A minimalist name necklace in sterling silver is a wonderful gift to consider for a retiree who likes to keep things simple with the accessories she wears.
16) Retirement Bench
The most thoughtful retirement gifts are those that are always packed with lots of meaning. A personalized garden bench is the perfect way to honor this moment and give your mom a unique and heartfelt retirement gift that she won’t ever forget.
17) Gifts to Spark a New Hobby
With all this new found time, boredom can come easily those fresh in retirement. Help mom fill her time with a new hobby.
What is something she has been missing all these years, or has always wanted to try? Whether it’s some art supplies, a ballet class, or a new pair of roller skates, the sky is the limit!
18) Spa Day
The mother/daughter spa day is so enshrined in spa tradition that it’s practically a rite of passage. A mother and daughter spa break is a classic experience that can come in all shapes and sizes. – 7 Ways to Make a Spa Day for Mom Extra Special
19) Gardening Tool Set
Retirement and gardening seem to go hand-in-hand. A gardening tool set comes with a heavy duty folding stool, a storage bag, and five stainless steel tools.
These tools include a hand shovel, transplanter, cultivator, weeding tool, and trowel. The tote is detachable, so that you can carry it without the seat, or the seat without the tote. The pockets hold much more than just the tools that come with the product. The frame on the seat is sturdy steel, over which an equally durable polyester canvas seat is stretched.
20) Challenge Journal
365 days’ worth of prompts, and quotes to motivate your mom to keep trying new things, follow her dreams, and live courageously. Each day is an opportunity to perform one small act of bravery – be it singing out loud, asking for help, and trying again. Don’t forget a good pen for journaling!
If your retired mom is planning to travel more in the coming years, she will need a suitcase that can withstand some bumps and bruises. The Away’s suitcase is perfectly sized to fit in the overhead bin of most major airlines, is made of a durable polycarbonate shell, and has 360-degree spinning wheels for easy transport.
22) Season Tickets
No more late nights at the office means mom can finally go to that show she has wanted to see for ages. Gift her with season tickets to the theatre, or opera, and celebrate her newfound freedom with a night on the town.
- The thinnest, lightest Kindle Paperwhite yet—with a flush-front design and 300 ppi glare-free display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight.
- Now waterproof, so you’re free to read and relax at the beach, by the pool, or in the bath. Your Kindle has been tested to withstand accidental immersion in water.
Mom can dive into her favorite book anywhere with the Kindle Paperwhite. The screen is waterproof (perfect for poolside reading) and the battery lasts weeks for less stress about a full charge. Plus, it comes in four fun colors and two storage capacity options. If the Kindle isn’t what you’re looking for, see our review of the best tablets for seniors.
Now that you’ve found the perfect retirement gift, next up is to plan the retirement party!