Looking for a traditional or unique 75th Birthday present for mom? Birthdays are milestones, and the higher they get the more pronounced they become. Gift giving seems to become harder the older a person gets, however. As we age we need and want less. This list of 75th birthday presents for mom was a challenge to make even for us, but not quite as hard as making our list of 80th birthday gift ideas for women!
We all have the best intentions when choosing a thoughtful gift for an elderly loved one. However, there are some items that may seem like great ideas on the surface, but after further thought, turn out to become something that goes unused and unnoticed beyond the birthday itself.
For example: My mother in law is well into her 70s and we thought it would be a wonderful idea to get her a new computer for an upcoming birthday. It was a disaster! It frustrated her and caused many hours of aggravation, not one of our best gift ideas.
She didn’t know how to use the multiple functions, and we were frequently inundated with phone calls and messages from friends to assist her. But, it was a memorable gift, just not in a good way.
The best birthday celebration I can remember was my mother’s birthday on her 70th, when just our immediate family members got together for a beautiful dinner. Not only was it a sentimental gift for her, but the rest of the family was able to enjoy and cherish this birthday gift.
What is the Traditional Gift for a 75th Birthday?
Diamonds are a formal and traditional gift to celebrate a 75th birthday. Common diamond gifts include jewelry, including necklaces, rings, earrings, and bracelets.
Giving it to someone celebrating their 75th birthday is a way to recognize and respect that person and all of their contributions. Giving gifts made of rare stones and gems can demonstrate the rarity of longevity and remind people of their precious lives. Diamonds also represents wealth and status.
Of course, diamonds are also very expensive.
75th Birthday Gift Ideas that Cost Nothing for Mom’s Birthday (or Very Little)
The best things in life truly are free. Moms often do not want material objects. Time and attention is what they value most. These gift ideas align with those desires.
1) Housekeeping Card
This a memorable gift idea for grandchildren to give a grandparent who is turning 75.
Does your loved one have a household chore that they just hate to do? Taking out the garbage? Scrubbing toilets? Sorting laundry? If so, this is a great gift. Give them a card, letter, or note explaining that you will take over that job for them for a certain period of time.
Be specific about this gift. If you say you are going to do their chore, then you really need to do it. Most importantly, follow through with the birthday gift.
2) A Tell-Me Notebook
This is a perfect gift idea that I would love to give my parents! As I am getting older I want to know more about them and their history.
All you need is a simple notebook. Fill the book with questions, one every three pages so there was plenty of room to write if needed.
The questions will vary depending on who you are giving the notebook to. The questions I would ask would be: “Tell me about your first house.” “Tell me about something you are proud of.” “What do you remember most about your mother?” “Tell me about three memorable friends.”
Think about what you want to know about the loved one you are giving the gift to… and then be prepared for some really insightful conversations.
3) Handmade Album
Put together pictures of your loved one in a tasteful collage or a photo album box that they can cherish forever as a treasured keepsake. When we say handmade, that really refers to your effort in collecting the family pictures to create this unique gift. It’s ok to use printing service that uses high quality materials to create this personalized gift. Make to include a favorite photo or two, along with some she may not immediately remember.
4) Career Highlighter Poster
Make a poster highlighting the important achievements in your loved one’s life. They will be blown away by this gift and will love picking out a prominent wall to use artist tape to hang and display it on.
Just pick a few highlights from your loved ones life and career!
Everyone nowadays claims they never have time to do anything. Giving the gift of time could be as simple as meeting your loved one for coffee or visiting them at their house. Just show them that they are worth every second of your time by being fully engaged during your moments with them.
6) Family Gathering
Family gatherings are times when memories are made – something that is very important especially if you are celebrating a big milestone, like a 75th birthday. Many years from now, your children will be reminiscing about the time you all had together celebrating during mom’s birthday.
7) Meal at a Favorite Restaurant
Take her to her favorite restaurant and share a moment together celebrating the milestone, always a favorite birthday gift in my family. Yes, this one isn’t a sterling silver necklace, but it is a memorable gift because it follows our overall theme of time spent is a special gift. Pick up your wine glass & toast to Mom! Can’t afford to go out? Cook something nice at home.
8) Visit Old Friends
Technology has given us lots of ways to stay in touch with loved ones, but sometimes, there’s nothing like a face-to-face visit to celebrate a milestone. Visiting a person who is special to your loved one is a great way for you and your loved one to celebrate their birthday and to maintain the relationship.
Three Meaningful Gifts Ideas for Mom on Her Special Day
The perfect gift is a difficult thing to achieve for any son or daughter. Here is a list with a unique gift idea or two, along with some gift ideas for mom you may haven’t thought of. Or, maybe this list sparks your idea for the ideal present.
Ideas for Mom
1) Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible: 260 Exquisite Patterns by Hitomi Shida
- Explore a new world of knitting with exquisitely detailed stitch patterns and techniques from Japan
- Shida, Hitomi (Author)
Knitting isn’t just for retired old ladies anymore! If your mom loves knitting or just wants to take up a new hobby this book is sure to please! Hitomi Shida’s, Japanese Knitting Stitch Bible: 260 Exquisite Patterns, offers clear patterns and techniques to practice intricate knitting patterns.
2) Spa Day
There are many seniors who would not feel comfortable going to a spa for the day, but for those that would, it’s a great idea, particularly if you accompany them. Nothing says relaxation like a spa day and your mom may be long overdue for one. Take her for an indulgent spa day that can help her rest and rejuvenate. And if it’s just family, it’ll be a great bonding session too.
3) Click and Grow Smart Garden
- Grow Fresh Herbs and Vegetables Indoors: energy-efficient LED grow lights ensure your plants thrive no matter the weather.
- Get Started Right Away: Just drop in the included plant pods, fill the water reservoir, and plug the self watering planter in – your herb garden starter kit is good to go.
Give your mom a Click and Grow Smart Garden kit, which makes growing her favorite herbs in the comfort of her own home simple and comfortable. There’s no need to be a great gardener!
Best Selling Gift Ideas for Mom on her 75th Birthday
Looking for some more traditional gift ideas? Take a look at the top sellers on Amazon for others searching for 75th Birthday Gifts for Mom.
- 【PERFECT GIFTS IDEA FOR WOMEN】Our gifts for 75th birthday woman is gift packaged ready. The entire things come in the high-quality beautifully gifts basket packaged in a better way with protective padding inside. We have a blank greeting card is included, and you can write your blessing freely. This 75th birthday gifts for female is sure to make that special lady in your life feel cherished and loved.
- 【VALUE BIRTHDAY BOX FOR WOMEN】Each 75th birthday gift baskets for women contains: 1 x 12 oz insulated stainless steel wine tumbler, 1 x exquisite trinket tray, 1 x makeup bag, 1 x fuzzy socks, 1 x mirror, 1 x soy wax flower scented candles, 1 x key chain , 1 x birthday greeting card (Write your blessings), 1 x gift box.
- THE MEANING: Throughout history, Lapis Lazuli has been a symbol of wisdom, power, and truth. The small heart charm is seen as a symbol of love. By wearing this bracelet on her 75’th birthday milestone, let it be a reminder of the love which surrounds her always by friends and family.
- SENTIMENTAL GIFTING: The perfect gift for your mom, wife, best friend, or sister turning 75 years old. Your recipient will feel loved and appreciated after receiving this thoughtful bracelet that promotes wisdom, power, and truth.
- ✔ 75TH BIRTHDAY GIFTS FOR WOMEN: Through the ages, the Lapis Lazuli stone has been worn to attract wisdom, power and truth. Best 75th bithday gifts for her, mom birthday gift, woman’s 75th birthday gift, best friend sister 75th birthday, woman turning 75 gifts.
- ✔ BEST 75TH BIRTHDAY GIFT IDEAS: 75th birthday bracelet, tucked into a beautiful Gift Box, ready gift for giving. Come with a “Happy 75th Birthday” message card, best 75th birthday gift for women, perfect milestone birthday present, help her to celebrate the Big Half Century. Commemorate fourty fabulous years in the life of an awesome lady, Mom, Wife, Sister, Daughter, Boss, Teacher or Best Friend.
- [75 year old gift ideas for women]: The portable makeup bag with lightweight design is easy to carry.The zipper is heavy duty and not cheap and flimsy,double-sided printed with:’’making the world a better place since 1948’’,this is a perfect gift to share with your friends and family.
- [Unique Gift Ideas]:Our designer designed some fashionable fun themes for the cosmetic bag,It can be given to women, bff ,bestie, mom, sister, grandma, best friends,aunt,wife family.perfect gifts for festivals,such expecting birthday gifts or other special days and more!it will remain vibrant with daily use for women.
- 【75th Birthday Gifts】The gold theme is eye catching and a great conversation starter. The posters contain some interesting stories in 1948, which can help you recall the past with family or friends, prepare a commemoration significance gift for your recipient.
- 【Product Information】Our 75th birthday decorations are printed on a recyclable 350gsm 8″ x 10″ premium cardstock (unframed) with clear detail, giving a feeling of luxury. Fits any 8 x 10 inch frame for that extra finishing touch on the special day.
- Best 75th Birthday Gifts– Find interesting 75th bday cards for your family . The cards contain some specific events in 1948, which can help you review interesting events with family and friends.
- 1948 Birthday Card– The perfect 75 birthday for a mom or dad, grandparent and friend. When receiving the greeting cards, they will feel the love of their family or friends.
- 【75TH BIRTHDAY GIFT 】Happy 75th Birthday! 75th Birthday Gifts for Women. 75th Birthday is a Major Milestone on the Road and One That is Definitely Worth Celebrating. Designed for the 75th Birthday, This Flannel Blanket is a Super Soft Material Perfect for Expressing Love and Warmth. This Birthday Blanket Can Be At Birthday Parties to Express Wishes and Love Given to Relatives and Friends, Such As Mother, Dad, Wife, Husband, Aunt, Uncle, Brother, Sister-in-law, Grandparents, Sisters Etc.
- 【Blanket Material】this Flannel Blanket is Made of Flannel, Soft and Skin-friendly, Wrinkle-free, Ball-free, and Comfortable to Sleep On. the Blanket is Vacuum-packed and Shipped to Your Hands. when Unpacking the Blanket, You Can Shake the Blanket to Smooth out the Creases.
- This Queen Makes 75 Look Fabulous
- 75th Birthday Party Gifts
- 1948 Stemless Wine Glass – A perfect 75th birthday gift idea! When looking for novelty gifts for wine lovers, consider this unique, 15 oz glass. Our wine glasses come in a giftable box that works for any milestone occasion.
- Make Them Laugh – Give loved ones a chuckle as they unwrap our novelty gag gifts. These perfect wine glasses add a personal touch to your 75th birthday party favors with humorous wine sayings in white lettering. It’s guaranteed to be a hit!
- Happy 75 Birthday Decorations Gifts for Women: Package Coming with Rose Gold 75th Birthday TIARA/CROWN *1pc, 75 and Fabulous sash *1pc, 75th Birthday Cake Topper *1pc, 75 Numeral Candles *1set and 1pc Gorgeous rose gold compact mirror. All Be paced in a Beautiful Gift Box. This Birthday Gifts for Women Remind Her and Everyone in the 75th Birthday Party How Fabulous She Is.
- GLITTERY 75th Birthday TIARA/CROWN: Made from high quality alloy and rhinestone. Rose Gold 75 Crown Has Combs that make sure it can grip the hair more tightly and One size fit for most women. Dimension: 5.12”on the front side.
75th Birthday Party Planning
In additional to gift ideas, you could plan a birthday party. Planning a 75th birthday party involves picking a theme, a venue and a date, as well as planning a guest list. Choose decorations that reflect the Diamond Jubilee celebrations. Celebrate memories and personalize the party with the guest of honor’s hobbies as the theme to celebrate the milestone.
Pick a Venue, Date, and Time
Consult your guest of honor about the venue choice. It could be a favorite spot, like a garden or golf club, or someone’s home. Choose the date and time of the party based on the guest of honor’s availability.
Choose a Theme
The theme can be anything that reflects the person’s interests or hobbies. For instance, a fishing-themed birthday party for mom could be held for an avid angler or a flower-themed one for a gardening enthusiast.
Send Out Invitations
Depending on your budget and size of your venue, make a guest list. Check with family members to see if you have forgotten anyone, especially if the list of invitees is a wider group of friends and family. Send out invitations at least a month in advance. The invitations should include the RSVP details, as well as information about a dress code.
Don’t forget about guest who are far away who still wish to join in the celebrations. For this you could set up a virtual party using various platforms:
- Google Hangout
Choose the right words to say and get the invites out!
The venue can be decorated according to the theme. In keeping with celebrating her 75th birthday, some decorating ideas are a photo collage of the person in the shape of the number 75 or a photo banner announcing their 75th birthday.
Plan the Cake and Food
The cake could be a photo cake with edible images of the person’s life or it could be in the shape of the number 75, or be in a heart shape. Food can be kept to just finger food or a buffet, depending on the budget. A toast celebrating the person is integral to the party. The perfect party requires planning! There are several things to consider when planning your party.
Before you make out your guest list, before you buy your party decorations, take a minute to put your plan on paper (or computer screen). Pre-planning will save time, money, and your composure on the day of the party. Most importantly, have fun!
What is the traditional gift for the 75th birthday?
Diamonds are considered the formal and traditional gift for 75th anniversaries and celebrations. Sometimes, this tradition is followed for a birthday gift or birth year, but this is less common. You can also find some trying to promote a 75th birthday as a “palladium jubilee”. Keep in mind, many of these gift ideas are promoted by jewelers and retailers that are trying to sell you something. Meaningful gift ideas are best, which does not mean it needs to cost a fortune.
Is 75th birthday a big deal?
All birthdays that end in a 0 or a 5 are a momentous occasion, and should be celebrated. That doesn’t necessarily mean a special gift or special keepsake. A meaningful gift could be simply spending time together.
How do you celebrate your mother’s 75th birthday?
Begin by thinking about her as a the unique person that she is. Does she love sweets? A cake might be perfect. Does she enjoy the entire family getting together, or would she prefer a more intimate celebration? Design the day around her to give mom a heartfelt gift.
Buying gifts for older adults can be a challenge. What do you get the person who has everything and wants nothing? Often the answer is time, attention, and something meaningful.
I hope this list helps you figure out what to buy your senior loved one on his/her 75th birthday. Let us know in the comments section if there’s a gift idea that we missed!