West Virginia senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
We try to keep these state resource pages as up-to-date as possible. If you find a broken link, please contact us to let us know. This helps us help others. Thank you!
Area Agencies on Aging: What is an Area Agency on Aging?
- Region I – Northwestern AAA – serving Brooke, Calhoun, Doddridge, Gilmer, Hancock, Harrison, Marion, Marshall, Monongalia, Ohio, Pleasants, Ritchie, Tyler, Wetzel, Wirt and Wood Counties
- Region II – WVSC-Metro-AAA – serving Boone, Cabell, Jackson, Kanawha, Lincoln, Logan, Mason, Mingo, Putnam, Roane and Wayne Counties
- Region III – Upper Potomac AAA – serving Barbour, Berkeley, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Mineral, Morgan, Pendleton, Preston, Randolph, Taylor, Tucker and Upshur Counties
- Region IV – Appalachian AAA – serving Braxton, Clay, Fayette, Greenbrier, McDowell, Mercer, Monroe, Nicholas, Pocahontas, Raleigh, Summers, Webster and Wyoming Counties
- Attorney General’s Office
- Bureau of Senior Services – a useful site for West Virginians seeking to locate programs and services
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program – established to enhance the quality of life, improve care, protect rights, and promote the dignity of residents in a long-term care facility.
- Bureau for Medical Service (Medicaid)
State Agencies and Non-Profits:
- AARP of West Virginia
- Alzheimer’s Association, West Virginia Chapter
- West Virginia Geriatric Education Center – West Virginia University – works toward development of excellence in service, education, research and policy
- West Virginia Senior Sports Classic – providing a way for active senior athletes to compete against peers
- Legal Aid of West Virginia – assisting residents who live in nursing homes, personal care homes, and other long-term care facilities
- West Virginia Senior Legal Aid – helping senior West Virginians age 60 and over