Utah senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
Area Agencies on Aging (AAA): What is an Area Agency on Aging?
- Bear River Area Agency on Aging – serving Box Elder, Cache and Rich Counties
- Davis County Senior Services
- Five-County Area Agency on Aging – serving Beaver, Garfield, Iron, Kane and Washington Counties
- Mountainland Department of Aging and Family Services – serving Summit, Utah and Wasatch Counties
- Salt Lake County Aging and Adult Services
- San Juan County Area Agency on Aging
- Six-County Area Agency on Aging – serving Juab, Millard, Piute, Sanpete, Sevier and Wayne Counties
- Southeastern Utah AAA – serving Carbon, Emery and Grand Counties
- Tooele County Division of Aging and Adult Services
- Uintah Basin Area Agency on Aging – serving Daggett and Duchesne Counties
- Council on Aging/Golden Age Center – serving Uintah County
- Weber Area Agency on Aging – serving Morgan and Weber Counties
- Attorney General’s Office
- Division of Aging and Adult Services
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program – established to enhance the quality of life, improve care, protect rights, and promote the dignity of residents in a long-term care facility.
- Medicaid Office
- Utah Seniors – extensive information and resources
State Agencies and Non-Profits:
- AARP of Utah
- Alzheimer’s Association, Utah Chapter
- Center on Aging – University of Utah – provides the focal point uniting aging-related research, education, and clinical programs at the University of Utah
- Huntsman World Senior Games – an international sports event for men and women ages 55 and better
- Relay Utah – Managed by the Utah Public Service Commission, Relay Utah provides hearing assistive equipment to hard of hearing and deaf seniors and other individuals in Utah. Relay Utah’s equipment distribution program loans equipment at no cost to qualifying Utah residents.
- Utah Legal Services – legal help in non-criminal cases throughout Utah, free of charge, to those who qualify