Tennessee senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
Area Agencies on Aging (AAA): What is an Area Agency on Aging?
- First Tennessee AAAD – serving Carter, Greene, Hancock, Hawkins, Johnson, Sullivan, Unicoi and Washington Counties
- East Tennessee AAAD – serving Anderson, Blount, Campbell, Claiborne, Cocke, Grainer, Hamblin, Jefferson, Knox, Loudon, Monroe, Morgan, Roane, Scott, Sevier and Union Counties
- Southeast Tennessee AAAD – serving Bledsoe, Bradley, Grundy, Hamilton, Marion, McMinn, Meigs, Polk, Rhea and Sequatchie Counties
- Upper Cumberland AAAD – serving Cannon, Clay, Cumberland, DeKalb, Fentress, Jackson, Macon, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Smith, Van Buren, Warren and White Counties
- Greater Nashville AAAD – serving Cheatham, Davidson, Dickson, Houston, Humphreys, Montgomery, Robertson, Rutherford, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Williamson and Wilson Counties
- South Central TN AAAD – serving Bedford, Coffee, Franklin, Giles, Hickman, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Marshall, Maury, Moore, Perry and Wayne Counties
- Northwest AAAD – serving Benton, Carroll, Crockett, Dyer, Gibson, Henry, Lake, Obion and Weakley Counties
- Southwest AAAD – serving Chester, Decatur, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, McNairy and Madison Counties
- Aging Commission of the Mid-South AAAD – serving the City of Memphis, and Shelby, Fayette, Lauderdale and Tipton Counties
- Attorney General’s Office
- Commission on Aging and Disability – working for adults with disabilities and older Tennesseans by providing leadership and guidance for a system that promotes health, dignity, independence and security
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program – established to enhance the quality of life, improve care, protect rights, and promote the dignity of residents in a long-term care facility.
- Tenn Care (Medicaid) Office
State Agencies and Non-Profits:
- AARP of Tennessee
- Alzheimer’s Association of Tennessee
- Resource Center on Aging – providing collaborative faith-based services that values people in every stage of life to Nashville, TN families
- Tennessee Senior Olympics – promoting healthy lifestyles for seniors
- Legal Aid of East Tennessee – ensures equal justice for elderly, abused and low-income people
- Legal Aid Society of Middle Tennessee and the Cumberlands – free legal help for people with low-income
- Memphis Area Legal Services – helping children, families and individuals solve problems that affect their basic needs
- West Tennessee Legal Services – assisting in civil cases to under-served individuals, families and communities