Rhode Island senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
Area Agencies on Aging: What is an Area Agency on Aging?
- “The Point” Network Program (Office of Healthy Aging) – brings together aging services for all of Rhode Island
- Attorney General’s Office
- Office of Healthy Aging
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program – established to enhance the quality of life, improve care, protect rights, and promote the dignity of residents in a long-term care facility.
- Medicaid Office
State Agencies and Non-Profits:
- Alzheimer’s Association, Rhode Island Chapter
- Geriatric Education Center – University of Rhode Island
- Rhode Island Senior Olympics – promoting physical activity for older adults regardless of skill level
- Rhode Island Legal Services – providing legal representation to low-income people for the purpose of improving their economic and human condition