Nevada senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
Area Agencies on Aging (AAA): What is an Area Agency on Aging?
Nevada does not have designated AAAs. Services are administered through regional offices.
- Carson City – phone 775-687-4210
- Reno – phone 775-688-2964
- Elko – phone 775-738-1966
- Las Vegas – phone 702-486-3545
- Attorney General’s Office
- Aging and Disability Services Division
- Elder Protective Services – provides protective services for persons 60 years and older who may experience abuse, neglect, exploitation or isolation
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program – established in each state by the Older Americans Act to enhance the quality of life, improve care, protect rights, and promote the dignity of residents in a long-term care facility.
- Medicaid Office
- Programs for Seniors
State Agencies and Non-Profits:
- AARP of Nevada
- Alzheimer’s Association:
- Sanford Center for Aging – University of Nevada, Reno
- Free Legal Assistance Hotline for Nevada Senior Citizens – phone (877) 693-2163
- Legal Aid Center Southern Nevada – free community legal services to those in need
- Nevada Legal Services
- Southern Nevada Senior Law Program
- Washoe Legal Services – helping qualified residents of Washoe County