Montana senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
We try to keep these state resource pages as up-to-date as possible. If you find a broken link, please contact us to let us know. This helps us help others. Thank you!
Area Agencies on Aging: What is an Area Agency on Aging?
- Area I – serving Carter, Custer, Daniels, Dawson, Fallon, Garfield, McCone, Phillips, Powder River, Prairie, Richland, Roosevelt, Rosebud, Sheridan, Treasure, Valley and Wilbaux Counties
- Area II – serving Big Horn, Carbon, Fergus, Golden Valley, Judith Basin, Musselshell, Petroleum, Stillwater, Sweet Grass, Wheat Land and Yellowstone Counties – phone (406) 323-1320
- Area III – serving Blaine, Chouteau, Glacier, Liberty, Pondera, Teton and Toole Counties – phone (406) 271-7553
- Area IV – serving Broadwater, Gallatin, Jefferson, Lewis and Clark, Meagher and Park Counties
- Area V – serving Beaverhead, Deer Lodge, Granite, Madison, Powell and Silver Bow Counties
- Area VI – serving Lake, Lincoln, Mineral and Sanders Counties
- Area VII – serving Missoula and Ravalli Counties
- Area VIII – serving Cascade County
- Area IX – serving Flathead County
- Area X – serving Hill County – phone (406) 265-5464
- Adult Protective Services
- Attorney General’s Office
- Department of Health and Human Services
- Senior and Long-Term Care Office
- Veteran Homes:
State Agencies and Non-Profits:
- AARP of Montana
- Alzheimer’s Association – Montana Chapter
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program
- Montana Legal Services Association – providing free legal assistance in civil cases to low-income residents
Should other Montana senior services be listed here? Contact Elder Guru