Missouri senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
We try to keep these state resource pages as up-to-date as possible. If you find a broken link, please contact us to let us know. This helps us help others. Thank you!
Area Agencies on Aging: What is an Area Agency on Aging?
- Senior Age – serving Barry, Christian, Dade, Dallas, Douglas, Greene, Howell, Lawrence, Oregon, Ozark, Polk, Shannon, Stone, Taney, Texas, Webster and Wright Counties
- Aging Matters – serving Bollinger, Butler, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Dunklin, Iron, Madison, Mississippi, New Madrid, Pemiscot, Perry, Reynolds, Ripley, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Scott, Stoddard and Wayne Counties
- The Care Connection – serving Bates, Benton, Carroll, Cedar, Chariton, Henry, Hickory, Johnson, LaFayette, Pettis, Saline, St. Clair and Vernon Counties
- Northwest MO AAA – serving Andrew, Atchison, Buchanan, Caldwell, Clinton, Daviess, De Kalb, Gentry, Grundy, Harrison, Holt, Linn, Livingston, Mercer, Nodaway, Putnam, Sullivan and Worth Counties
- Northeast MO AAA – serving Adair, Clark, Knox, Lewis, Lincoln, Macon, Marion, Monroe, Montgomery, Pike, Ralls, Randolph, Schuyler, Scotland, Shelby and Warren Counties
- Central MO AAA – serving Audrain, Boone, Callaway, Camden, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dent, Gasconade, Howard, Laclede, Maries, Miller, Moniteau, Morgan, Osage, Phelps, Pulaski and Washington Counties
- Mid-American Regional Council – serving Cass, Clay, Jackson, Platte and Ray Counties
- Mid-East MO AAA – serving St. Louis, St. Charles, Franklin and Jefferson Counties
- St. Louis AAA – serving the City of St. Louis
- Region X AAA – serving Barton, Jasper, MacDonald and Newton Counties
- Attorney General’s Office
- Department of Health and Senior Services
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program – established in each state by the Older Americans Act to enhance the quality of life, improve care, protect rights, and promote the dignity of residents in a long-term care facility.
- Medicaid Office
- Missouri Century Club – recognizes individuals who have reached or surpassed their 100th birthday
State Agencies and Non-Profits:
- AARP of Missouri
- Alzheimer’s Association – Greater-Missouri Chapter
- Legal Services of Eastern Missouri – civil legal assistance and equal access to justice for low-income people in Eastern Missouri
- Legal Aid of Western Missouri – serving low-income citizens
- Legal Services of Missouri – serving low-income and elderly people in Missouri
Should other Missouri senior services be listed here? Contact Elder Guru