Idaho senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
Agencies on Aging:What is an Area Agency on Aging?
- Area 1 – North Idaho – serving Benewah, Bonner, Boundary, Kootenai and Shoshone Counties
- Area 2 – North Central Idaho – serving Clearwater, Idaho, Latah, Lewis and Nez Perce Counties
- Area 3 – Southwestern Idaho – serving Ada, Adams, Boise, Canyon, Elmore, Gem, Owyhee, Payette, Valley and Washington Counties
- Area 4 – South Central Idaho – serving Blaine, Camas, Cassia, Gooding, Jerome, Lincoln, Minidoka and Twin Falls Counties
- Area 5 – Southeast Idaho – serving Bannock, Bear Lake, Bingham, Caribou, Franklin, Onieda and Power Counties
- Area 6 – Eastern Idaho – serving Bonneville, Butte, Clark, Custer, Fremont, Jefferson, Lemhi, Madison and Teton Counties
State Agencies and Non-Profits:
- AARP of Idaho
- Alzheimer’s Association – Idaho Chapter
- Center for the Study of Aging – Boise State University
- Idaho Legal Aid – for low-income residents
- Idaho Senior Games – a social and recreational experience for better health for people age 50 and over