Georgia senior services are readily available – if you know where to look. For most elders and caregivers, the primary place to access resources and get referrals is your local Area Agency on Aging or the Aging and Disability Resource Centers. We have listed those below in addition to other places to access help.
Area Agencies on Aging: What is an Area Agency on Aging?
- Northwest Georgia Region – serving Bartow, Catoosa, Chattooga, Dade, Fannin, Floyd, Gilmer, Gordon, Haralson, Murray, Paulding, Pickens, Polk, Walker and Whitfield Counties
- Legacy Link Northeast Georgia Mountains – serving Banks, Dawson, Forsyth, Franklin, Habersham, Hall, Hart, Lumpkin, Rabun, Stephens, Towns, Union and White Counties
- Atlanta Regional Commission – serving Cherokee, Clayton, Cobb, DeKalb, Douglas, Fayette, Fulton, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale Counties
- Three Rivers Regional Commission – serving Butts, Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Lamar, Meriwether, Pike, Spaulding, Troup and Upson Counties
- Northeast Georgia Region – serving Barrow, Clarke, Elbert, Greene, Jackson, Jasper, Madison, Morgan, Newton, Oconee, Oglethorpe and Walton Counties
- River Valley Area Agency on Aging – serving Chattahoochee, Clay, Crisp, Dooly, Harris, Macon, Marion, Muscogee, Quitman, Randolph, Schley, Stewart, Sumter, Talbot, Taylor and Webster Counties
- Middle Georgia Regional Commission – serving Baldwin, Bibb, Crawford, Houston, Jones, Monroe, Peach, Pulaski, Putnam, Twiggs and Wilkinson Counties
- Central Savannah River Region – serving Burke, Columbia, Glascock, Hancock, Jefferson, Jenkins, Lincoln, McDuffie, Richmond, Screven, Taliaferro, Warren, Washington and Wilkes Counties
- Heart of Georgia Regional Commission – serving Appling, Bleckley, Candler, Dodge, Emanuel, Evans, Jeff Davis, Johnson, Laurens, Montgomery, Tattnall, Telfair, Toombs, Treutlen, Wayne, Wheeler and Wilcox Counties Lower
- Southwest Council on Aging – serving Baker, Calhoun, Colquitt, Decatur, Dougherty, Early, Grady, Lee, Miller, Mitchell, Seminole, Terrell, Thomas and Worth Counties
- Southern Georgia Regional Commission – serving Atkinson, Bacon, Ben Hill, Berrien, Brantley, Brooks, Charleton, Clinch, Coffee, Cook, Echols, Irwin, Lanier, Lowndes, Pierce, Tift, Turner and Ware Counties
- Coastal Georgia Region – serving Bryan, Bullock, Camden, Chatham, Effingham, Glynn, Liberty, Long and McIntosh Counties
State Associations and Non-Profits:
- AARP of Georgia
- Alzheimer’s Association – Georgia Chapter
- Georgia’s Aging and Disability Resource Connection
- Long-Term Care Ombudsman – Long-Term Care Ombudsman programs were established in each state by the Older Americans Act to enhance the quality of life, improve care, protect rights, and promote the dignity of residents in a long-term care facility.